The RequirementsWhile experience is important, what is most important to us is a cultural fit within our student- and service-focused culture. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree and experience in regional or divisional sales/business development.
- A background in post-secondary education and/or staffing and recruitment is strongly preferred.
- Experience in sales management is a preference
- leading and developing a regional/divisional sales team;
- developing and managing a portfolio of regional/divisional accounts;
- experience in a regulatory and/or accreditation environment;
- developing and implementing best practices;
- at least five to seven years of sales and operations management experience in a B2B environment, Quick question for you - click here including managing a total direct and indirect headcount of at least 100; and,
- experience successfully leading through influence across functional lines in a matrix reporting environment.
Specifically, your experience should include:
You will report to the Division Director of Career Services and, in turn, you'll provide leadership to the four Directors of Career Services in an effort to drive sales and placements and assist with training. In our current structure each campus has a Campus Director of Career Services and a team of five to seven Career Services Representatives.
The essence of your role is to help the regional and campus Career Services teams to be more successful, and to sustain that excellence over time. As you know, keeping sales teams motivated while continually "raising the bar" can be a challenge, but one that the right person for this role will embrace.
To this end, your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Communicate our Career Services objectives and strategies.
- Develop and implement division strategies and action planning.
- Develop, coach and mentor campus Career Services management and their teams.
- Facilitate meetings with campus level Career Services management.
- Aide in the development of programs and services for students to enhance their employment opportunities.
- Maintain your region's Career Service metric dashboard.
- Establish professional rapport with agencies, businesses, clinics, and hospitals in the geographic areas within your designated region.
- Audit placement related data within your region and insure that schools are complying with all governmental regulations and standards of accreditation.
- Identify and provide training opportunities with a view toward increasing productivity.
Why Work With Us
Direct impact -- you'll come in and find that most campuses have solid leadership and support, but there are plenty of opportunities to coach and improve performance. The foundation is there so with your hard work, you'll have plenty of room to succeed. The strength of our schools and the department is easily quantified by the placement rates.
Job growth -- just as we have a strong dedication to serving our students, we also have a strong dedication to developing our employees. If you find success in this position, you can chart your career along a number of interesting paths.
Sense of pride -- we provide our customers with much more than a service -- we offer the opportunity to reach significant education goals thereby building a more rewarding career. You'll find our environment to be rewarding on an entirely new level, and will engender a new sense of pride in your work.
Excellent compensation -- we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including a comprehensive healthcare program, a 401(k) plan, and more.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be an expert at working with ambiguity and a strong sales leader who can identify a gap within the team and take the steps to make the necessary improvements.
Career Services focuses on placing graduates, of course, but it also provides a variety of services and programs to help graduates succeed, such as resume writing, interviewing skills, the application process, organizational dynamics, externships, networking skills, advice on how to dress for interviews, and more. To meet your placement goals, you'll need to make sure our graduates have not only their academic successes, but are also armed with the full set of interviewing tools.
Driving change in a large, matrix organization such as ours demands a "leader" rather than simply a "manager". As a leader, you will need to be adept at fostering enthusiasm for new ideas and processes, skilled at building consensus and buy-in at all levels, comfortable with an analytical approach to validating new ideas, and energetic in your drive toward results. Quick question for you - click here
About CorinthianCorinthian Colleges, Inc., is one of the largest for-profit, post-secondary education companies in North America, with more than 105,000 students at over 120 U.S. and Canadian campuses. We also have 122 Everest, Heald and WyoTech campuses.
We offer short-term diploma programs and associates, bachelor's and master's degrees for occupations in a variety of popular career fields comprising business, health care, criminal justice, information technology (IT), trades, and transportation maintenance.